Local time:
    09:52
    My System

2. Belahzur

Belahzur Banned

Local time:
    14:52
    My System

...and after how many months AFTER Ice Cream Sandwich debuted?

To say Samsung are leading the Android world, they are so slow when it comes to updates. The 1 thing that is killing off stock roms is how bloated they are, and how stubborn carriers are. TouchWiz is so bloated that the TouchWiz in ICS can only be run on GS2 and not Galaxy S, yet both can run CyanogenMod9 perfectly fine. I love Samsung devices, they are of very good quality, when Samsung suck when it comes to supporting their devices. If they'd listen to what the people want and get rid of TouchWiz instead of thinking about only themself, LOTS of other Samsung devices could already have Ice Cream Sandwich right now. Think about it, the original galaxy tab 7 & 8.9 & 10.1 can ALL run CM9 without problems, even lower end phones like Galaxy Ace CAN run CM9.

To me, all they do with this is push people away from stock roms and push them over to CyanogenMod. Stock is just so bloated with TouchWiz it's beyond stupid. Samsung should be adapting their devices to the OS, not the other way round.

Here's another idea. How many customers would a company attract if they gave customers the option to have their phone (stock) pre-rooted? companies know how to use ADB so why the hell not help customers push CWM/SU & Cyanogen? hell they could get so many customers if they adapted the current CM9 builds for SGS & SGS2 and the same applies for Galaxy Tabs.

There is absolutely no reason why companies can't adapt current CM9 builds around their devices, Android is open source so theres no copyright issues to worry about. I KNOW for a fact XDA & the Cyanogen team would happily work with carriers to make ROM's better, that's what the Android community is all about.