Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazyoldgoat

crazyoldgoat New Member Bronze Member

Local time:
    14:00
    My System

Hi,
    This problem arose around a week or so ago. My computer has been running slower than usual although not unbearably slow. I also began to notice that on some websites, only a portion of the images would load (mainly on tumblr and on twitter). Around the same time, Avast started to tell me that it had found a threat "visicom_antiphishing.exe" as pictured below. It seems to do this multiple times throughout the day, seemingly at random, while I am browsing the web.

[​IMG]

I have run full scans with Avast Anti-Virus, Spybot S&D, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and ComboFix but the problem continues to occur. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance

Attached Files:

2. Pancake

Pancake Well-Known Member

Local time:
    23:00
    My System

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from Malwarebytes.org
    Alternate link: Download Mirror

(Note: if you already have the program installed, just follow the directions. No need to re-download or re-install!)

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

(Note: if you already have the program installed, open Malwarebytes from the Start Menu or Desktop shortcut, click the Update tab, and click Check for Updates, before doing the scan as instructed below!)
    Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
    If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
    Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan.
    The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
    When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
    Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
    When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. If you are prompted to restart, please allow it to restart your computer. Failure to do this, will cause the infection to still be active on the computer.
    Please save the log to a location you will remember.
    The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
    The log can also be found at C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
    Copy and paste the entire report in your next reply.
    If Malwarebytes fails to download please use the following link:

http://malwarebytes.org/mbam-download-exe-random.php

=============================================

Download Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop.
    Link 1
    Link 2
    When saving ComboFix rename it to PCHelpForum.exe to prevent it from being blocked by malware.

Refer to this image:
    To prevent your anti-virus application interfering with ComboFix we need to disable it. See here for a tutorial regarding how to do so if you are unsure.
    • Close any open windows and double click PCHelpForum.exe to run it.
      You will see the following image:
    [​IMG]

Click I Agree to start the program.
    ComboFix will then extract the necessary files and you will see this:

[​IMG]

As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. This will not occur in Windows Vista and 7
    It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
    If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.

[​IMG]

Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
    **Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.
    Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

[​IMG]

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
    When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the contents of the log (C:\ComboFix.txt).
    Leave your computer alone while ComboFix is running. ComboFix will restart your computer if malware is found; allow it to do so.
    Note: Please Do NOT mouseclick combofix's window while its running because it may cause it to stall.
  3. crazyoldgoat

Local time:
    My System

Thanks for the reply. I've attached both logs.

Attached Files:

4. Belahzur

Belahzur Banned

Local time:
    My System

5. crazyoldgoat

Local time:
    My System

So it isn't malicious? How would I go about disabling it anyway? And do the logs show any reason for the images not loading or the computer slowness?
  6. Pancake

Local time:
    My System

From the control panel click "Add or Remove Programs". Search for Anti-phishing Domain Advisor and click "Remove".

You can now uninstall ComboFix

• Click the Start button. Click Run. For Vista: type in Run in the Start search, and click on Run in the results pane.
    • In the field, type in ComboFix /uninstall
    [​IMG]

(Note: Make sure there's a space between the word ComboFix and the forward-slash.)

• Then, press Enter, or click OK.
    • This will uninstall ComboFix, delete its folders and files, hides System files and folders, and resets System Restore.

Over the course of the fix you've used a variety of special tools to help with the cleaning process - none of these are of any use to you now that you're clean, and it's best not to have them hanging around on your computer. OTC is a small program that removes all the leftover tools and logs from cleanup of malware.

Please download OTC to your desktop.

Double-click OTC to run it. (Vista users, please right click on OTC and select "Run as an Administrator")
    Click on the CleanUp! button and follow the prompts.
    You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process, choose Yes.
    After the reboot all the tools we used should be gone.
    Note: Some more recently created tools may not yet be removed by OTC. Feel free to manually delete any tools it leaves behind.

Here are some tips to reduce the potential for malware infection in the future; I strongly suggest that you read them and take them to heart so that you don't have to endure the process of cleaning your computer again.
    Afterwork
    Malware Prevention
    How Did I Get Infected
    More Tips on Prevention
  7. crazyoldgoat

Local time:
    My System

Done! Thanks very much for all your help!
  8. Pancake

Local time:
    My System

Your welcome.