Streaming video fullscreen problem

1. Denis_Smith

Denis_Smith Member Gold Member

Local time:
    01:03
    My System

I have very strange issue when I use internet to stream videos. It goes like this - when I go to some site to watch videos (ex. youtube, google video, blip.tv, on facebook, direct streaming etc - it is the same on every host) I have no problems while I am watching the video in its original size, but when I go to fullscreen mode after some time (usually about 10 minutes) the PC freezes and I can't do anything after that but to restart the PC. When it freezes it just shows some sort of strange lines all over the screen, when I hit esc or crtl+alt+del nothing happens, it is just like my whole PC is frozen. When I restart it everything is fine again. This happens everytime, I use firefox but it is not browser related problem (I tried on IE, Opera and Safari - it's all the same). Also that kind of "freezing" never happens unless I watch the videos on fullscreen. And also it is not a loading problems, it is the same if I watch fully loaded video or the one that have just started to load. I tried the following solution - to zoom in the page, for example when I am watching the video on youtube I just zoom the video box so it fits the entire browser screen, but it is annoying to do that every time and video is not the same quality as when it is on fullscreen... So I would like if someone here could help me, how to watch videos in that way without any problems...
  2. zigzag3143

zigzag3143 Guest

Local time:
    19:03
    My System

Dennis

Hi and welcome

First things first. We need your system specs, and network setup.

Ken J
  3. Denis_Smith

Local time:
    My System

System specifications:
    Microsoft Windows XP 2
    AMD Sempron(tm) Processor
    3400+
    2.00 GHz, 960 MB of RAM

Network:
    speedtouch router
    proxy - 174.142.104.57
    port - 3128
    ISP - T-Com Croatia
  4. zigzag3143

zigzag3143 Guest

Local time:
    19:03
    My System

You dont mention your video card. The amount of ram is barely enough for XP and full frame video is taxing.

Ken J
  5. Denis_Smith

Local time:
    My System

My video card is - VIA/S3G UniChromeII Graphics

And I had no problems so far with my RAM, everything is going fast (I use PC only for internet, movies, Sony Vegas, music...), only the games lag (but I don't care about it as I don't play them) and some of the more sophisticated applications...