Softex Omnipass Rom Removal

1. andy_t

andy_t New Member

Local time:
    08:36
    My System

Hi

I have recently formatted my hard drive and reinstalled all my software. My notebook, Samsung X10, has a fingerprint sensor and uses Softex Omnipass. The formating and subsequent rebuild failed to remove Omnipass ROM which is the part of the programme that operates pre boot to stop unauthorised acces to my computer. The programme should allow me to use the fingerprint sensor to log on to the computer but now I have to type in my password from the installation that was active prioir to my rebuild. Anyone got any ideas how to correct this problem or remove Omnipass ROM so I can reinstall it. I have reinstalled the software in windows but when I try and turn on the Pre Boot Authentication it fails. I have also then unistalled the software but Omnipass ROM with my old password remains.

Cheers
  2. GaRHaR

GaRHaR Well-Known Member Tech Member Elite Member

Local time:
    16:36
    My System

Hi andy_t, welcome to the PCHF.

When you reinstalled windows, did you use the restore disk supplied by Samsung?
    Notebooks also come with an "applications CD"
  3. andy_t

andy_t New Member

Local time:
    08:36
    My System

Yes I used all the original software supplied with the notebook - system recovery cd to load windows xp and then fingerprint recognition software to load omnipass. I have reformatted my hd before and didn't have this problem last time.
  4. cnico88

cnico88 New Member

Local time:
    00:36
    My System

Hey, I see an old post by you about the OmniPass Preboot rom removal. I have the same problem on my Samsung x360 and I have contacted Samsung support with this problem and have no idea on how to remove it. Have you found a solution? Please let me know. Thanks!
  5. ladygreenwitch

ladygreenwitch New Member Elite Member

Local time:
    00:36
    My System

:) Hey Cnico,

Welcome to PCHF. You need to start your own thread about this problem. If you think it is similar to this one, you can post a link to this thread in your post.

Although they may appear the same, the techs may have a different approach now than they did when this thread was live over two years ago.

We'll see you in your own thread.

TTFN

LGW