Screen Randomly turns White

Solved
  1. MageSkeleton

MageSkeleton New Member Bronze Member

Local time:
    21:13
    My System

This is one of those "weird" computer issues. It doesn't matter what i'm doing, my computer goes into a blank white screen. I can still be clicking on stuff or whatever i just can't see anything until i force my computer to shut down and start it back up it's just fine.
    I had already tried updating my graphics card on Nvidia.com. I went on Filehippo.com and updated my DirectX software. What else is there for me to do to prevent it from going into a blank white screen?
  2. zigzag3143

zigzag3143 Guest

Local time:
    00:13
    My System

Is it a milky white color that covers the whole screen? If so, it may not be a graphics problem, it may be a memory problem.

What are the specs of your system?

Ken J
  3. MageSkeleton

Local time:
    My System

Going to my System Information:

Installed Phsical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 3.99 GB
    Available Physical Memory 2.84 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 7.99 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 6.78 GB
    Page File Space 3.99 GB
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Maybe this will have something to do with it, this Laptop has the System Manufacturer COMPAL, and once upon a time it was Windows Vista Home Premium 64Bit. I uninstalled it and did my best to wipe the hard drive. Then i installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit into it. If there is anything about my memory that i'm missing. Let me know.

And YES, it's a milk white.

I had Figured out that i can press the windows key, tab twice, then press enter to shut it down.
  4. MageSkeleton

Local time:
    My System

I'm still having this problem of it going to a blank white screen at random times in which i have to press the windows key, tab twice, then press enter to have my computer shut down. Then on reboot it's normal until it randomly does it again. I'm additionally experiencing Blue screens that (of what i remember) "Bad_Header" or something about the memory.

At this point i can just assume that this is happening to my computer because Windows (even though it's 7) will leave corrupt files on my computer that additionally corrupt my computer. And the only way to get this fixed is to do a total re-installation of whatever OS (Wannabe) software i'm utilizing. In this process don't forget to reformat your drive BEFORE doing the "re-installation". Should this be the case i'm in for hours of waiting on my computer to figure out what it's supposed to do.
  5. monkeymagic

monkeymagic guinness gives you strength Tech Member Elite Member

Local time:
    05:13
    My System

Hi Mageskeleton,
    could the error message have been "bad pool header" this is a know BSOD problem, could you click on BSOD in my signature and follow the instructions in posting DMP logs.
    Monkeymagic.
  6. monkeymagic

Local time:
    My System

Hi MageSkeleton,
    Has the information provided been of help? Do you require any further assistance. an update would be appreciated. marked as pending
    monkeymagic.
  7. MageSkeleton

Local time:
    My System

This error seems to hit my computer once a month. i didn't know my computer had a gender. So i'm waiting for the next time it does it to verify who the error(s) are/is. I don't think it was "Bad_Pool_Header", although i do remember it had something to do with the memory.
  8. monkeymagic

Local time:
    My System

This thread is now marked as Solved and has been closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread and if it has a bearing on your original thread then please state this and a member of staff will supply the link to the original post.
    Monkeymagic