Samsung launch 'iPhone killer'

1. Hengis

Hengis Proud PCHF'er since 2004 Tech Member Elite Member

Local time:
    03:58
    My System

Samsung have unveiled its latest flagship device, the Galaxy S3, the follow-up to last year's best-selling phone in the world.
    The smartphone market moves on once more, with the hi-tech voice-controlled Galaxy S3 likely to becomes a standard-bearer for Google’s Android operating system - and a device for the Apple refuseniks.
    The phone’s most innovative feature is built-in face-tracking and voice control - allowing, Samsung claims, for a more 'natural' control system.
    Other innovations include what Samsung claims is a 'more intelligent' lock system, that keeps the screen 'awake' when the phone’s camera senses eyes watching it, rather than turning it off.
  2. Belahzur

Belahzur Banned

Local time:
    03:58
    My System

The Galaxy S3 has good hardware specs, but the phone overall as an experience just didn't bring me in like the Galaxy Nexus.

The Samsung conference on May 3rd wasn't what I expected from Samsung, they didn't go into enough detail about the phone. The Galaxy Nexus conference was bordering 2hrs and was constantly interesting, but the S3 conference barely scratched 1hr and felt rushed and the phones design on the outside just looks horrible. Sticking with the 2 buttons on the bottom and a re-shaped home button rather than going with the Nexus on-screen buttons, again not what I expected for a 3rd generation S phone.

Just like the ICS S2, it's Gingerbread looking rather than proper ICS Nexus/CM9 look, and the whole phone is designed around avoiding these stupid patent wars.

Overall, the phone is just ugly, it might be powerful in terms of CPU/GPU and all, but it's still ugly.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/0...irst-smartphone-designed-entirely-by-lawyers/
    monkeymagic likes this.