REM couldn't detect 2 HDDs Windows 7

1. francisianforbes

francisianforbes New Member

Local time:
    13:37
    My System

i just purchased my HP Pavilion G6 last february 2011, and it worked well fine, but yesterday, it hangs up while im watching movie and when i restart it, it went to start -up repair (recommended ) and start windows normally, if i choose to start windows normally, it will load for around 40 secs with windows logo on it but will take me back to the previous screen with the 2 choices, if i choose the start up repair, it will bring me to the screen with DOS format telling that ' REM couldn't perform initial screening because it couldn't detect 2 HDDs in the system.' tried to call HP Qatar, but to no avail, even them dont know whats the problem and it will take 30-45 days of repair with them with no assurance. could please someone tell me what is the problem of my laptop and how to fix it...
  2. Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole Elite PCHF Werewolf Tech Member Elite Member PCHF $Donator

The Slaughtered Lamb. On the Menu are Sheeps eyes.
    Local time:
    10:37
    My System

Hello francisianforbes

Welcome to PC Help Forum

As your machine is about 4 months old and still under guarantee I suggest you send it back to HP for testing because any advice that we offer could invalidate that guarantee.
  3. francisianforbes

francisianforbes New Member

Local time:
    13:37
    My System

thank's for the adviice but as per my phone conversation with them it will take them 30-45 days and i cannot wait for that long. i really need my laptop cause im going away for holidays in next few weeks. so im taking the repair on my own risk, if its hardware problem in the easiest way. some guy told me that i need to just change my hard drive because it is corrupted. is this true?
  4. Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole Elite PCHF Werewolf Tech Member Elite Member PCHF $Donator

The Slaughtered Lamb. On the Menu are Sheeps eyes.
    Local time:
    10:37
    My System

Apparently HP said this;

If they cannot repair it then they should offer you a new machine it's as simple as that.

While your laptop is still under guarantee it would be pointless of us to offer advice which may or may not work.

I seriously suggest that you return it to HP and let them deal with it, not because we are trying to get out of anything, but to say that it is their problem.