PPt file will not open

1. starbud

starbud New Member Bronze Member

Local time:
    21:25
    My System

Received e-mail with PPT file. After opening it stated that the file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folders options control panel. I went to the folders option panel and did not understand what to do. Someone send instructions please. Step by step, please. Thanks Bud*ye%
  2. RobMan

RobMan New Member Elite Member

Local time:
    04:25
    My System

This is assuming you have Powerpoint installed on your computer, (if you don't download this: Download details: PowerPoint Viewer 2003):
    1 Save the file on your computer.

2 Right click on it and select either open with... or open

3 Now, if you can, choose the option choose the program from a list

4 Here you can select the program Powerpoint

5 Click OK

Done!

Robin
  3. starbud

starbud New Member Bronze Member

Local time:
    21:25
    My System

Rob, I downloaded Power Point and now a message comes up and says that my security settings will not let it open. What security settings should I check? I shut off Norton AntiVirus and that did not work. Thanks for the site to download Power Point. That was a great help. Waiting to hear from you. thanks Bud
  4. RobMan

RobMan New Member Elite Member

Local time:
    04:25
    My System

Ehm....I assume the settings you need are in PowerpointViewer so you can start Norton AntiVirus again.
    I noticed I directed you to the 2003version of PPV, here you can download the 2007version of the PPV wich will not make any difference for now, but it will make difference in the future:
    Download details: PowerPoint Viewer 2007

Oke, for the settings go to Tools, then to Options and take a look around here if you see any settings that can have to do with it...I don't know wich settings there are so I can't give a clear solution...

Robin