PC making strange beeping noise

1. BrekkyDJ

BrekkyDJ New Member

Local time:
    17:36
    My System

Hi Guys.

Require a little help.

My PC at work is making a strange beeping noise.

Everything works fine - however every now and again (could be 10 minutes or 2 minutes between times it happens) the noise of 5 or 6 beeps can be heard.

My PC is a normal pentinum type PC and I'm running Windows XP.

The sound (On beep less than normal) is at this link http://www.sendspace.com/file/draa76 (File is at sendpsace) if that helps at all (sound is an mp3 file that lasts about 7 to 8 seconds)

Can anyone help?

Thanks...

Peter.
  2. madmatt2006

madmatt2006 Well-Known Member Elite Member PCHF $Donator

Local time:
    17:06
    My System

Hi welcome to the forum :) did this just start happening recently in the last few days?
  3. BrekkyDJ

BrekkyDJ New Member

Local time:
    My System

Yes, this cheeping/beeping noise had just started happening in the last 24 hours.

I've tried re-booting the computer twice and it still happens.

Also for the first time - I've got to work in the morning and upon it's re-boot over night a spam advertisement popped up in Internet Expolorer (I normally use Firefox).

That help you?

**Update** It's now making (twice whithn 5 seconds when it happens) the Windows XP Error sound - just does it randomly after a few minutes - also still soing the beeping noise - any ideas, anyone?

Peter.
  4. madmatt2006

Local time:
    My System

Sorry to take so long to get back to you I was at lunch. ok give this a try select a date from a few days ago.

Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore.
    On the Welcome screen, click Restore my computer to an earlier time, and then click Next.
    On the Select a Restore Point page, select the date from the calendar that shows the point you'd like to restore to, as shown in Figure 2, and then click Next.
    [​IMG]
    Figure 2

On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, verify that the correct restore point is chosen, and then close any open programs.
    Click Next if you are ready to proceed or click Back to change the restore point.
    The computer will shut down automatically and reboot. On reboot, you'll see the Restoration Complete page, and then click OK.
  5. BrekkyDJ

BrekkyDJ New Member

Local time:
    My System

Well I've tried the above and twice (after I tried two different dates) said it could not restote to that selected date (that's after re-boot).

SO FAR no starnge noises (two minutes in) but will keep you posted within the hour.

Thanks for your help so far.

Peter.
  6. madmatt2006

Local time:
    My System