Offline Content Management System

1. Graye

Graye New Member Bronze Member

Local time:
    08:10
    My System

I am presently in need of some software to collate my data (textual and various image formats, both static and dynamic) into a single document or, at least, into one program that can access them all at once.
    To elaborate, I have well over six-hundred megabytes of data which I must combine into a presentational design document. The best possible solution would be something akin to a wiki, however, the data must be accessible offline and without the need for clunky virtual machines, database set-ups and whatnot, as I cannot expect everyone on the team to possess such things on their PC (much less know how to do so). In short, the software should boast a WYSIWYG editing interface with rich-text support, the ability to wrap text around images, the ability to insert image thumbnails that will either (a) display a full-size or scaled-up version on mouse-over or (b) allow the user to view a full-size or scaled-up version when clicked, in addition to a customizable table of contents and the option to link within pages. Again, all of this is pretty standard wiki stuff, yet I have not been able to locate any software that allows me to do so.
    I included a rough picture that illustrates what a portion of the document should look like when completed:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Any aid would be greatly appreciated...
    [​IMG]
  2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Cap'n Crunch

Local time:
    My System

3. Graye

Local time:
    My System

Thank you, LoneWolf, for the kind welcome and suggestion. To be honest, that appears to be quite the promising lead. I'll check it out at once and see if it meets my requirements.
    If you don't mind, I'll leave this marked as "Open" until I am certain.
    Thanks again...
  4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Cap'n Crunch

Local time:
    My System

No problem.

Post back and let us know the outcome. :)
  5. Graye

Local time:
    My System

Well, I gave it a shot after running through some of their tutorials and - for the most part - it meets my needs, however, the emphasis on website construction (both in the available tools and ever-present HTML/CSS required to organize a page) is a rather cumbersome annoyance. What's more, the program lacks any built-in capability to thumbnail and auto-enlarge images on mouse-over or click, which is a must-have where my project is concerned (primarily as I have so many concepts that require an image to accompany the text, while maintaining a space-efficient structure). Furthermore, the program's WYSIWYG editor requires the installation of the DHTML.msi add-on (which was removed from Vista for security purposes) and the enabling of ActiveX content, which was purposely disabled on my machine.
    In short, WebIdeaTree is a fine program, but not quite what I'm looking for.
    Are you aware of any alternatives?

Postscript:
    If nothing else, I do appreciate the link to the SharewareConnection, which I will browse on my own time for a more suitable program.
  6. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Cap'n Crunch

Local time:
    My System

7. Graye

Local time:
    My System

That's a fantastic reference, LoneWolf. I am presently working my way through some of the software available therein and will get back to this thread if I find anything that suffices.
    Thank you...