Native Wifi Default Profile

Solved
  1. Eltek

Eltek New Member

Local time:
    15:12
    My System

I have a Netgear Wireless-N 150 USB adapter (WNA1100) to connect my PC to my modem. Until yesterday things worked fine. Suddenly Netgear refused to connect to the modem; I use Windows 7 - in the list of wireless connections appeared 'Native Wifi Default Profile' - deleting this profile proved inpossible - it instantly returned. At the side: the download speed of my computer sank to less than 20 kb/sec levels, where 600+ levels were the norm.
    Questions: where did this Native Wifi Default Profile come from? Is it a case of some ugly virus of spyware? How do I get rid of this nuisance?

2. driver_ian

driver_ian Security Team

Local time:
    My System

Hello and welcome to the forum
    I've marked your thread as Open to encourage a response from the Techs and talented forum members amongst us..

Whilst we await their arrival could you run the Wireless Test Tool linked in my signature line and post the resulting logs back here. This will give our Networking expers an idea of what's going on inside your pc.

Thanks for your patience :mrgreen:

3. DCiAdmin

DCiAdmin Well-Known Member

Local time:
    09:12
    My System

Hello & Welcome Eltek :)

Post #10 at the Netgear forum provides a work around. Sounds like this is a known Netgear issue.....

Please let us know how you get on.

4. Eltek

Eltek New Member

Local time:
    My System

Hello,
    Thanks for your responses. I reinstalled the Netgear software and - though initially the problem recurred - suddenly things worked fine again. I hope it stays like this. Most of the advice on the Netgear forum is too difficult for me. It is a bit of consolation that I'm not the only one who is having this problem and most important of all: it's not a virus or something.

5. DCiAdmin

Local time:
    My System

Would you like me to get this marked as SOLVED for you, Eltek?

6. Eltek

Eltek New Member

Local time:
    My System

Yes,
    As for now it is solved. Hope it doesn't return.

7. DCiAdmin

Local time:
    My System

I'll get this marked as SOLVED for you, Eltek :) See you around again!

This thread is now marked as Solved and has been closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread and if it has a bearing on your original thread then please state this and a member of staff will supply the link to the original post.