My screen has shifted?

1. Gingergiggles

Gingergiggles New Member

Local time:
    04:16
    My System

My computer did a windows update, and restarted. Then when it turned back on, the screen had shifted down and to the left. Actually, more like stretched. Its like the screen is suddenly to small for whats on it. I can't see my tabs at the bottom of the screen, and I can't see the scroll bar on the left. The tabs seem to have flipped below by start bar, and there's this random line about a centimeter thick between them. Also, all my shortcuts have been moved to the left, I had them arranged all over my desktop.

If I take a screen shot, it will show the screen normal.

Iv already restated my computer twice and saw no improvement. I reset my computer to a few days ago, when it was working right and that did nothing. \

Please help, I cant navigate my computer very well like this. :(
  2. monkeymagic

monkeymagic guinness gives you strength Tech Member Elite Member

Local time:
    09:16
    My System

Hi Gingergiggles, welcome to PCHF. So are you saying you have done a system restore.
  3. fixslowcmptr

fixslowcmptr New Member Bronze Member

Local time:
    09:16
    My System

It could also be a driver issue. Have you tried updating or rolling back the drivers?
    I know you said you tried everything in the display and appearance tabs, but did you try the Settings tab? Right click on the desktop anywhere (not an icon) -> Click the Settings tab -> slide the resolution slider to the right if it isn't already all the way over. This is actually how I do if ever I got into t hat kind of problem.