Does anyone have any recommendations? I need a few choices
    Thanks
  2. Airman24

Airman24 New Member Elite Member

Local time:
    06:04
    My System

Hi Mo1990ob,

Welcome to the forum...:)I hope that you will enjoy your time here with us.

I have also marked your thread as open to attract attention to it and get some positive suggestions put your way.

Regards,

Airman24.
  3. mo1990ob

mo1990ob New Member

Local time:
    01:04
    My System

4. DCiAdmin

DCiAdmin Here to Help!

Local time:
    00:04
    My System

Let me get this moved to the DIY section of the forum where our "builders" can quickly spot it.

Thanks for your patience, mo :)
  5. sagebrushfire

sagebrushfire New Member Tech Member Elite Member

Local time:
    22:04
    My System

So what you need is an LGA775 Motherboard. That particular one only supports Wolfsdale and conroe chips (Meaning no Quad-core upgrades in your future) but since you're getting a new one you don't have to worry about that.

Here are some motherboards that have all the same features and then some (Integrated video, PCIe, Core2 Duo etc.)

Amazon.com: Gigabyte G41M-ES2H Intel LGA775 MAX-8GB DDR2 mATX PCIE16 3PCI: Gateway

Newegg.com - ASUS P5KPL-AM EPU LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
    ^That one is MicroATX, will work fine it's just smaller than normal.

Newegg.com - MSI G41M-P35 LGA 775 Intel G41 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
    ^ Also micro, also good.

Newegg.com - ZOTAC GF9300-A-E LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 9300 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
    ^ Has better-than-normal on-board graphics.

Those are fine choices but if you want to look yourself just go to Amazon.com, Newegg.com or TigerDirect.com and search for "LGA775 Motherboard." Make sure you get one with on-board graphics unless you have a graphics card.
  6. mo1990ob

mo1990ob New Member

Local time:
    My System

7. DCiAdmin

DCiAdmin Here to Help!

Local time:
    00:04
    My System

Mo,

Please let us know if you wish for further input. If not, I'll get this marked as SOLVED for you :)
  8. artyart21

artyart21 New Member

Local time:
    My System

Question: Will any of these ATX motherboards specified by: sagebrushfire work on the the HP a6600f Case? my mobo fried too .. no beeps, no video from Integrated video, dead.

Thanx? and will the default 250 watt power supply from the HP support these boards?

thanx
  9. sagebrushfire

sagebrushfire New Member Tech Member Elite Member

Local time:
    My System

Looks like that's a mini-tower. Any of those boards I mentioned should fit but the bottom three that say "Micro-ATX" match the same form factor of the original board so buy one of those or at least get a board that is Micro-ATX so you can be sure it will fit.

The 250w power supply will support the board just fine but you'll likely need an upgrade if you ever get a dedicated video card in the future.
  10. PEye2000

PEye2000 Active Member Elite Member

Local time:
    My System

I have same mother board and this link was good for research, I have not tried replacing the board yet, this link tells of a person who has found a replacement board that will work with the O/S that is on the hard drive which is my concern since I have backup recover disks, I know that the exact BAD board has been a problem for many people and HP says it not a defect on their part? check this link and read all posts...

computer turns on, monitor doesnt - HP Support Forum
  11. PEye2000

PEye2000 Active Member Elite Member

Local time:
    My System

I own a small computer repair business, chuckscomputerrepair.com, and just diagnosed an HP Pavilion a6300f video problem to be the motherboard yesterday. Also I fixed a a6500f with no video last month by replacing the motherboard. Both models use the same motherboard. I just found this forum because I was searching to see if this is a high failure item and from the comments here it looks like it is. HP identifies the motherboard as a Foxconn MCP73M01H1 and it has N15235 printed on it. When I needed a MoBo for the a6500f last month I didn't find the same one available so I used the closest match I could find which was an Intel BOXDG43GT LGA 775. It's available from NewEgg for $86.99 + $2.99 shipping. Generally ANY change in the MoBo requires Windows to be reinstalled because it's hooked to the hardware. However after installing the Intel MoBo in the a6500f I turned it on, Vista wanted to do a repair, clicked OK, it crunched along for awhile then booted up normally! All programs, files, etc were intact and everything worked normally. I've just ordered the Intel MoBo for the a6300f and expect Vista will do the repair and work normally on that one too. Chuck
  12. Hengis

Hengis Proud PCHF'er since 2004 Tech Member Elite Member

Local time:
    06:04
    My System

Welcome to PCHF

This thread is already marked as Solved but thanks for the input.