Firefox images not loading and crashing!

1. dubseller

dubseller New Member Bronze Member

Local time:
    08:07
    My System

Guys, ever since I updated my Windows XP, every time I use firefox, many images do not load. For example, the 'home' 'refresh' buttons, as well as the red 'x' buttons to close the tabs do not show. Images do not even show on websites like facebook or even google! To make things worse, firefox is constantly crashing now... Any advice?
  2. vger

vger Posts: 74000 back in the VB days.... Staff Member Moderator Elite Member

Local time:
    03:07
    My System

Hello dubseller

Which Service pack did you update to? Have you tried to re-install Firefox?
  3. dubseller

Local time:
    My System

Hey vger, thanks for your reply. I recently updated to SP2, and I see numerous updates have been installed, including 3 C++ related installs (I have also got many C++ runtime error crashes). I have reinstalled Firefox but I didn't delete the old settings because I didn't want to lose my adblock settings and bookmarks, etc.

I had turned off automatic updates like a year and a half ago so I wouldn't have any disruptions while I was studying for my final exams... and recently installed ESET NOD 32 security suite. That's when ESET told me I had to update my computer, so I did, reluctantly. And immediately, I've been having crashing issues.
  4. Roughy

Roughy New Member Bronze Member

Local time:
    My System

Hi dubseller,

Since SP2 is rather old, have you installed also the rest of Windows crucial updates? There should be many not included in SP2. Also have you tried to update FF with some of the most recent versions?
  5. dubseller

Local time:
    My System

I reinstalled FF to the latest version from their website. All the crucial updates have been installed... should I update to SP3?
  6. vger

Local time:
    My System

Installing SP3 would be a good idea.....:mrgreen:
  7. vger

Local time:
    My System

Hello dubseller do you still require assistance?

EDIT:This thread that has been marked as Pending for two weeks or more and has not been responded to, has now expired and therefore been closed.
    If you were unable to post due to reasons beyond your control then Private Message me, (Vger) as I closed the thread and I will re-open it for you.