EXE4J_JAVA_HOME not found, please help

Solved
  1. saelin

saelin New Member

Local time:
    18:40
    My System

so a while ago, I wanted to upgrade my version of java, but instead of uninstalling it the proper way, I deleted the files, although not all of them where deleted.

when ever I try to uninstall the program it gives to something along the lines of 'cannot find uninstall.dll' and stops.

when ever I try to use a java based program it says 'Please define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed JDK or JRM from java.com: Java + You'
    I also cannot play my beloved Minecraft any more (lol)

I've tried so many things but nothing works, so I'm thinking of putting my files on a portable hard drive and doing a system restore, can anyone help me please?

2. Airman24

Airman24 New Member Elite Member

Local time:
    07:40
    My System

Hi Saelin

Welcome to PC Help Forum :) I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

I have marked your thread as open to as so you can receive technical support from our Tech team and talented forum members,someone will be with you as soon as they can.

Regards,

Airman24.

3. Crush

Crush Active Member

Local time:
    02:40
    My System

Hi,

Please download JavaRa to your desktop and unzip it to its own folder
    • Run JavaRa.exe, pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then click Remove Older Versions.
    • Accept any prompts.
    • Open JavaRa.exe again and select Search For Updates.
    • Select Update Using Sun Java's Website then click Search and click on the Open Webpage button. Download and install the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version for your computer.

4. saelin

saelin New Member

Local time:
    My System

it still comes up with EXE4J_JAVA_HOME NOT FOUND whn ever i try to use a java based application.

is there like a command i can enter to manually dirrect it to my java?

5. Airman24

Airman24 New Member Elite Member

Local time:
    My System

Hi Saelin,

Sorry for the delay here,I've opened your thread for additional technical support,someone will be with you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Airman24 :)

6. HelpBytes

HelpBytes New Member

Local time:
    My System

Basically what is happening is when you execute these certain Java Programs they are failing to find the Java runtime (because you deleted them?)

Do you currently have a version of Java installed, perhaps you should go to java.com: Java + You and download the latest Java Runtime Environment. Then try again.

EXE4J_JAVA_HOME is a last resort in the loaders attempt to find a java runtime. I recommend not having to set this in the first place, but if you want to:

1. Obtain the path to your Java runtime folder, such as C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe. Search for java.exe if such a path does not exist.

2. Click on the Start menu, right click on "Computer". Choose "Properties" then on the left choose "Advanced System Settings".

3. On the popup, choose "Environment Variables".

4. At the bottom, under "System Variables" click on "New...".

5. The Variable name is "EXE4J_JAVA_HOME" the value is the folder you noated in point 1.

6. Accept this and try again.

7. DCiAdmin

DCiAdmin Well-Known Member

Local time:
    01:40
    My System

Thank you for the assist here, HelpBytes :)

8. saelin

saelin New Member

Local time:
    My System

thanks for the help guys, but i fixed the problem

i basically just searched 'java' in the start menu, found the java files in system32 and deleted them, then reinstalled a new version of java.

9. DCiAdmin

DCiAdmin Well-Known Member

Local time:
    01:40
    My System

I'll get this marked as SOLVED for you, Saelin :) Hope to see you around again!

This thread is now marked as Solved and has been closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread and if it has a bearing on your original thread then please state this and a member of staff will supply the link to the original post.