Dell 3000cn needs cleaning?

Solved
  1. tuneguy

tuneguy Member PCHF $Donator Silver Member

Local time:
    08:00
    My System

Hi, my Dell 3000cn has all of a sudden started printing with a thin white blank stripe running vertically down the entire page (this happens regardless of the color I use). If it were a ink jet, I'd just clean the heads, but I know lasers do not have heads. Is this a cleaning issue or some other type of malfunction? I already replaced the black toner cartridge and that had no effect. Dell's manual is useless.

Can anybody help?

2. Smokeycheech

Smokeycheech Well-Known Member Elite Member PCHF $Donator

Local time:
    My System

Hello Tuneguy, Welcome back to PCHF!

I am sure one of our great techs will be able to advise you on your problem!

I will mark your thread as open and someone will be with you as soon as possible!

Thank you for your patience :)

Smokeycheech

3. tuneguy

tuneguy Member PCHF $Donator Silver Member

Local time:
    My System

Problem solved. Just in case anyone else runs into the same problem: Youv have to open the front cover, pull out the little blue lever on the right. This opens a "hidden" compartment on the outside of the printer on the right side. You pull out the thin blue cleaning rod until the pad is exposed (don't try to pull the rod completely out of the printer; it's attached.) Then just scrub the "heads" by inserting and pulling out the rod 10 to 15 times. That's it. It fixed my vertical banding problem completely.

4. Smokeycheech

Smokeycheech Well-Known Member Elite Member PCHF $Donator

Local time:
    My System

Great! I am glad you got it solved!

Thanks for sharing the solution with us, it will help others in the future ;)

I will mark this as resolved!

Regards,

Smokeycheech :D

5. dglarson

dglarson New Member

Local time:
    00:00
    My System

So the small cleaning pad you describe, which fits on the cleaning rod you push in and out to clean, gets dirty after many uses. It is a replaceable part and I have tried to find a source for replacing it but without luck. One and only one new cleaning pad comes with a new Imaging Drum but my drum is relatively new and they cost $170. Dell isn't any help with getting a new cleaning pad.
    Any ideas on where to get a new cleaning pad?

6. summerst

summerst New Member

Local time:
    03:00
    My System

I just bought a rebuilt drum from inkgrabber.com. Drum did not come with a new cleaning rod, but if anyone knows where to get one, these guys should. If anyone is thinking of buying a new or remanufactured drum, consider these guys. Buy it through fatwallet.com and get a chunk of your purchase price back as CashBack (you must join fatwallet.com to get fat cash but its free). I got an extra 10 percent off at the inkgrabber.com website for using the coupon Love. The new drum cleared up the spots on the prinouts but not my thin white line. Tuneguy 's recommedation did that. Saved me a lot of time pain. I love my Dell 3000cn. With the new drum. I should keep it going for a few more years.