Compaq Presario CQ61 problems

Solved
  1. Kjmez

Kjmez New Member

Local time:
    07:41
    My System

Hi all - I have a similar problem and was hoping you may have some advise? Compaq Presario CQ61-424SA. Won't charge. Have tried new battery, and worked while new battery had a charge, but won't recharge either old or new battery. Have tried new power cable/charger. Nothing.

Should I be able to run the laptop with no battery, just plugged in mains supply? If so, this doesn't work. I guess it seems like power doesn't make it from end of cable in to PC connection.

Thanks a lot to anyone who can help.

K

2. georgeks

georgeks Moderator Staff Member Moderator Elite Member

Local time:
    08:41
    My System

Re: Compaq Presario CQ61 Battery Help!

Kjmez, firstly, let me Welcome you to PCHF

It would have been better to start your own thread, however see if the link I provided for sezzabelle resolves your issue...

Reference thread here

3. Kjmez

Kjmez New Member

Local time:
    My System

Re: Compaq Presario CQ61 Battery Help!

Thanks georgeks - I will start my own thread if you think better to do so. My issue may be different as I can't start the laptop now - not even running from mains AC supply. Like it isn't getting the power at all. I did see power light next to the power input go on for 5secs earlier, but now can't get it to come on at all. Shall I start a new thread now?

4. DCiAdmin

DCiAdmin Well-Known Member

Local time:
    01:41
    My System

Welcome to PCHF, kjmez :)

I have moved your post into its own thread as we require that each member's issues be handled without interruption. Our members and their issues deserve the full attention of the Tech supporting them, without complication from other users' issues, regardless how similar. Remember, everyone's experience is unique.
    It would be most helpful if you could complete your [​IMG] portion of the User Profile. That would put your system's information in the small computer icon just right of your name. That will "travel with you" at PCHF so we don't have to ask for it again. Be sure to mark them to be visible. The default is NOT to show them.

Please know that our Community of Volunteers come from locations around the world so time zones play a big part in how quickly the person with the answer is available to address your question. Your patience is appreciated!

I'll OPEN your thread to get prompt attention from members, Tech Members and Staff.

5. Kjmez

Kjmez New Member

Local time:
    My System

Thanks for your help guys. I think I have now resolved the problem - rather amazingly as I had only 4% battery left on the 2nd battery when I found this thread Plugged in, not charging Windows 7 solution : Jeffrey Palermo (.com). It told me to uninstall Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery. I just about managed to do so before the laptop powered down. When it restarted, all the power lights miraculously came back. Until then, it seemed nothing would make them come back. I was convinced it must have been a loose connection stopping the power getting from the charging cable to the machine, but it turns out it was a software/driver corruption. Hopefully won't come back. Both batteries are now fully charged and the power lights come on when charging.

:mrgreen:

6. DCiAdmin

DCiAdmin Well-Known Member

Local time:
    01:41
    My System

Nice find, Kjmez! :mrgreen: Thank you for sharing your solution. It very well may help others. I'll get this marked as SOLVED for you then :) See you around again!

This thread is now marked as Solved and has been closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread and if it has a bearing on your original thread then please state this and a member of staff will supply the link to the original post.