Can't view webcams or broadcast my webcam

1. reillytj

reillytj New Member Bronze Member

Local time:
    15:32
    My System

Help. I just bought and installed a Dell XPS 430 with a Logitech 9000 webcam. The cam works fine with Yahoo messenger but when I use Internet Explorer, the camera will not broadcast nor can I view someone else's live webcam. Not sure if this means anything but the 9000 cam does not show in the Scanners tab in the Control Panel.

I need help diagnosing and resolving this one. Is it an IE issue or something in Vista? How can I tell if Vista is properly recognizing the cam? Help.

Tim Reilly
  2. Sir Trews

Sir Trews Well-Known Member Elite Member PCHF $Donator

Local time:
    My System

Welcome to the Forum Tim!

I removed the email link you posted to save you some spamming.

What would help us help you is some information on your system.

To do this, please,
    Go to the User CP link at top or bottom left of this page. Once in there, click on the Edit Options button, slide down to Thread Display Options. In there, place a tic in the box allowing members to view your system specs then fill in all that you can.
    What this does is place that info right under your name so that each time you post, it is easily available to whomever may be helping you, rather than having to go back to the beginning of a thread to find it. You can click on mine now to see what I mean.

If you need help, please click on the Smilie computer in my signature and run Belarc. It's a free identifying utility and will give you the information on your system.

Thanks for your patience :)
  3. Arctos

Arctos You may call me Arctos. Elite Member

Local time:
    05:32
    My System

The web cam works correctly with Yahoo Messenger because it's connecting with the correct port.

You will only see other people if they have the software options such as Yahoo, Skype and other messaging applications.

Your webcam will not stream from someone else, you have to be connected to the broadcast stream ip address with IE or any other browser.

You will need to set up the port / ports that you will want to stream through. A lot of ISP's block these ports from their end so you cannot use them as well...
    Sir Trews likes this.
  4. reillytj

Local time:
    My System

I have posted system information (thanks for the suggestion). I need more help on setting up the ports for IE but I will say that the cam works fine in Mozilla Firefox. Seems like an IE issue.
  5. Jelly Bean

Jelly Bean Local PC Noobie.... Elite Member PCHF $Donator

Local time:
    20:32
    My System

Hello,

Do you consider your thread Answered/Fixed/Resolved?

Or if you require further help please post back.

JB.
  6. reillytj

Local time:
    My System

JB,

No, this is not resolved. Arctos had suggestion but I need more information on identifying ports, setting them up for access, etc. to see if this will help. Just strange that I have no problems with Mozilla Firefox.

Tim
  7. Jelly Bean

Jelly Bean Local PC Noobie.... Elite Member PCHF $Donator

Local time:
    20:32
    My System

Hello there let me just pass this to the Tech Team for you and see what they can come up with.

JB.