Can't Edit My Web Page Source

Solved
  1. user101

user101 Member Gold Member

Local time:
    09:38
    My System

I used to edit my page source, on my local disk, by simply selecting View -> Source in IE 7. I could then edit my source, save it and see the changed version.

I have not had occasion to do this since going to IE8. Now I can no longer edit the file. When it is displayed, not only does it look different (line numbers and colored text), but it does not allow me to do any editing at all. How do I edit my source with IE8?

Sorry if this is a silly question but I am at a loss as to how to do this now. Or am I just doing something wrong?

thank you

OK..I just found a web page that explains how to get Notepad as the editor (File -> Customize Internet Exploreer View Source -> Notepad) But I still can't get it to show the whole source. I get little pieces at a time and have to open the "+" on each one. And I'm still not getting the source on individual lines (e.e. the comments are showing up a single, huge line, instead of separate lines the way I set them up)

Isn't there any way to get this to work they way IE7 did? If not , is there a way in FF to edit this in that manner?

Thanks

2. user101

Local time:
    My System

3. Hengis

Hengis Proud PCHF'er since 2004 Tech Member Elite Member

Local time:
    14:38
    My System

To use the "insert link" button, you first type the title of the link in your reply, then you can highlight it and the "insert link" becomes active. It's exactly as it should be - if you're just posting a link then you do what you have done, paste the link.

Do you need anything more here user101?

user101 likes this.
  4. user101

Local time:
    My System

Thank you for the explanation, Hengis. I believe I don't need anything further with this.

5. Hengis

Hengis Proud PCHF'er since 2004 Tech Member Elite Member

Local time:
    14:38
    My System

Ok :)