Can I use 2 firewalls at the same time?

Solved
  1. musicv22

musicv22 New Member Bronze Member

Local time:
    13:01
    My System

Alright. First off, I am using Comodo antivirus thats is free to the public.(which in my opinion, by far, better than avast, avg, Microsoft security essentials, nod eset 32, a lot of other antivirus programs out there. :) So I was wondering, Is there a way I can use only the firewall of any antivirus program? For example, the best firewall I've heard, and seen good reviews about is zone alarm. However, it is seen as a resource hog. I am currently using Malwarebytes pro with comodo. But Would it be a problem having 2 different firewalls running at the same time? Thanks

And as previously mentioned above, I would Highly recommend, trying out Comodo antivirus.

2. musicv22

Local time:
    My System

I also forgot to mention. For anyone who is familiar with comodo. I have so many outbound connections. Can someone give me some tips on how to control/minimize that?

3. RandyL

RandyL New Member Bronze Member

Local time:
    07:01
    My System

Hi musicv22. Running two firewalls is never a good idea. They have a good chance of conflicting.

4. musicv22

Local time:
    My System

Well, are there any good software out there that comes with multiple firewalls, instead of just one?

5. RandyL

RandyL New Member Bronze Member

Local time:
    07:01
    My System

One firewall is all you need. They all perform the same functions in the same manner. In fact some vendors firewalls won't even allow you to install theirs if it detects one already on your system. Not even if you have your current one disabled. It actually has to be uninstalled. Most will also automatically disable the Windows firewall when you install one.

The reason is that one will conflict with the other and all sorts of problems can happen. So why cause conflicts when there is absolutely no reason to do so.

The same goes for running two different antivirus programs in real time protection mode. Not only can that cause conflicts but it might even be worse protection then running just one.

So no, I have never heard of any firewall that purports to be run in conjunction with another one. It's a really bad idea.

6. davesam

davesam New Member Gold Member

Local time:
    17:31
    My System

Running two firewalls or two antivirus will crash ....Its always better to use one.