Associated devices on network

1. jakedude182

jakedude182 Member Tech Member Elite Member

Local time:
    01:22
    My System

Hi, I recently noticed in my orange livebox config pages that there was a wifi connection under the associated devices section connected to my network. It shows the device address/mac number ,example AD:US:SD:23:pO:FE symilar to this, and the connction type (wifi). I use a laptop via wifi with the livebox, and this connected first time a few months ago when I typed out the long wep key to get them to connect, and has worked ever since without typing anything in.
    However the laptop hasn't been online through the livebox for about a week, and the livebox shows a wifi device connected in the associated devices config pages. Does anyone know if this is just the laptop showing as a known device in the 'associated devices' to the livebox or somebody elsewhere connected to my network through wireless?

I also noticed this in the first place becuase the computer im on now connected through lan on the network wasn't connecting and was coming up with connection unsuccessful, i restarted and im now online.

thanks, jake :)
  2. upgrader

upgrader Well-Known Member Tech Member Elite Member

Local time:
    01:22
    My System

Not specifically knowing the livebox I would presume this is just the livebox remembering the laptop. On my router it has a refresh button for Attached Devices. Is there any more information other than the MAC address? I know routers such as the BT Home Hub will show the PCs name.